The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's children, Princess Lilibet Diana and Prince Archie Harrison, could still be given a role in the upcoming Coronation of King Charles. However, this depends on whether Meghan and Prince Harry will accept the invite to the event, it has been claimed.
Officials are waiting to hear from the couple whether they will make the trip across the Atlantic in May to be at Westminster Abbey and if they will take with them the two toddlers before discussing which possible role the one-year-old and three-year-old may play, a royal source told the Mail on Sunday.
If Meghan and Harry do come to attend the Coronation, officials will reportedly start discussing ways to include Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet in the historic event, they claimed.
As it was confirmed by the Sussexes' office in late February, the pair have received their invite to the Coronation.
A spokesperson for the couple said: "I can confirm The Duke has recently received email correspondence from His Majesty's office regarding the Coronation. An immediate decision on whether The Duke and Duchess will attend will not be disclosed by us at this time."
Last week, it was claimed the invitation had not been extended to Prince Archie, who will turn four on the day of the Coronation, and Princess Lilibet, who was born in June 2021.
A royal commentator has since warned King Charles against excluding his two youngest grandchildren from the Coronation Weekend.
This comes after leaked plans regarding the second carriage procession set to take place on May 6 showed Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will play a prominent role in the event.
The rehearsal plans, seen by The Times, showed the three children of the Prince and Princess of Wales would join their parents in a carriage after the end of the service at the London abbey.
READ MORE: Harry and Meghan didn't warn Palace over title move as rift deepens
The procession will see King Charles and Queen Camilla paving the way aboard the Golden State Coach, followed by the carriage transporting the Wales family.
The plans suggested only working members of the Firm will take part in this procession, and made no mention of either Prince Andrew - who stepped back from public duties in November 2019 - or the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
This procession will take the royals from Westminster to Buckingham Palace, where they will make a traditional appearance from the residence's balcony.
The exclusion of non-working royals from the carriage drive and the following balcony appearance would be in line with the decision taken by Queen Elizabeth II in June last year, when she marked her Platinum Jubilee.
The Coronation service on May 6, and the following procession, will kick start a bank holiday weekend of celebrations.
The day after the Coronation, Windsor Castle will host a concert set to bring musical icons and contemporary stars alike on stage.
On May 7, neighbours and communities across the UK will also be invited to throw street parties.
On May 8, the focus will be on volunteers and charity work, with the Together Coalition and its partners set to highlight the positive impact volunteering has on communities across the nation.2023-03-20T09:54:07Z dg43tfdfdgfd